Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 1st Gen BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB (Gift from RIM :D)
My Carrier: WiFi

Read this if you are planning to use Flash Builder 4.5

[ Edited ]

When you try to debug an application right out of Flash Builder 4.5:

The application will install correctly, but you won't be able to launch it.

The problem lies in the namespace of the AIR SDK 2.6. Change the

"2.6" in your application descriptor file to "2.5". But that isn't all.

You have to specify one additional compiler argument in the preferences panel

for your project: "-swf-version=10".

Now debugging will function normally.

The only drawback is that you are no longer able to use AIR 2.6 specific APIs.

Hopefully, RIM will update the SDK sooner or later, rather sooner.

This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Read this if you are planning to use Flash Builder 4.5

[ Edited ]

wait... i use Flash Professional but i'm confused about this – is it not possible to have both AIR 2.5 and AIR 2.6 in Flash Builder 4.5 and choose which SDK to link against?  Flash Professional CS5.5 has the option to compile against either so i would be surprised if this wasn't also an option in Flash Builder 4.5.

[EDIT] if your concern is due to no longer being able to download the AIR 2.5 SDK from Adobe's site, i just remembered that Ryan Stewart recently posted links to the AIR 2.5 SDK:  Getting the AIR 2.5 SDK

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Regular Contributor
My Device: 1st Gen BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB (Gift from RIM :D)
My Carrier: WiFi

Unfortunately, it is not possible to develop "mobile" applications in FlashBuilder 4.5 without the Flex SDK 4.5, which includes AIR 2.6. I also have the Flex 4.1 SDK installed, but I cannot use it for "mobile" projects. But if you are using Flash Professional, especially the new CS5.5, you always have to choose AIR 2.5 as the target player.
I hope that was somewhat informative and didn't include too many grammar and spelling mistakes (I'm from Austria Smiley Wink )
This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

It would be ok when Flash Builder 4.5 release this month. All new swf version will change to 11. The Blackberry SDK should also updated (maybe included in FB4.5) at the same time.

New Developer
My Device: 9700

I posted in another thread a quote from one of the FAQ's for Flash Builder 4.5 that it uses AIR 2.6, but the Playbook uses AIR 2.5.  Are you saying if I have the installer for 2.5 laying around, I can add it to FB 4.5 and everything will work?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™
My Carrier: .

You can use the AIR 2.6 SDK to compile for AIR 2.5. Just make sure your application descriptor has the AIR 2.5 namespace.

The previous version of the PlayBook SDK wouldn't allow you to install without the AIR 2.5 SDK, which is why not having an AIR 2.5 download was a problem. But, the current version will install with 2.6.