Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Removing App from simulator using Burrito GUI

I don't like command line. Is it possible to UNINSTALL an app using the project in Flash Builder Burrito?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Re: Removing App from simulator using Burrito GUI

Afaik this is not possible. So looks like you need to stick with the commandline. To be honest, to remove an app the commandline is not all that complicatet. If you don't like commandline try http://www.studiochris.us/software/fruit-bat/ which has been posted to the forums a while back...

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

willy is correct that uninstalling an application via command line is pretty straight forward. however if you do decide to uninstall via Flash Builder Burrito, it is possible as well. do the following:

Go to Run > Run Configurations and then it should look exactly like your debug configuration does. Click on the configuration for you project under Mobile Application. Go down to the section labeled Lanch Method: On Device. Where it says Deployment Method, choose Uninstall. Then hit Apply. Then finally hit Run. It will uninstall your application from the device.

So from now one when you hit Run > Run it will uninstall the application from your device. And if you go to Run > Debug it will install and debug your application as normal.

hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

You may not have seen (or remembered) my previous post about using a web browser to access the simulator and uninstall.  It's quite easy.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!