Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Rename my application for me!

Fireworks Factory!

more alliteration coming your way haha

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

@JRab, Squeeking in at the last minute I love it! Also I really like the name but I feel like people might think there is building component to my app (That actually might be someone fun, building your own fireworks. I'll get back to you on that).

And the winner is....

jtegen/john with Fireworks Bonanza

I think this is fun and crazy and a good descriptor. So I am now the proud developer of "Fireworks Bonanza"! Funny to say that.

I liked everyone's suggestions and everyone got Kudos for them. Thanks everyone for all the submissions. I hope this was a good break from the standard forum fair.

Runner up:

streake81 for: NightFlare (I think I would like it as too word but still sweet)

Honerable mentions go out to:

JRab for: Fireworks Factory!

Wingflap for: 4th of July (How did I not think of this one! I love it)

JSanders for: Fireworks Extreme (Simple but I still like it)

Most original and the one that made me laugh the most (expecially when you say it)

webbsites for: Whizz Flash Bang (ooooh)

Most descriptive:

GoldenJoe for: Touch! Fireworks

Now for the prizes.You have no idea how much I appreciate your quick responses and help. I think I can get you guys a better prize than just kudos and I think you will like what I have as prizes:

All of you guys below (If you are okay with it) will each get your own special and unique firework in Fireworks Bonanza!

If you guys have any recommendations for how you would like for yours to look. Please let me know via private message. I am pretty sure we can get it figured out whatever you want or I can come up with one for you. Also it will be called whatever your name is on the boards or your real name or something else I will get it done. I will get with you all in the next few weeks to talk about what we will do but go ahead and send me your suggestions!

If I forgot someone who made a suggestion on this post (sometimes I don't see so well) please let me know: 

jtegen

streake81

jffurlan

jRab

Wingflap

JSanders

webbsites

GoldenJoe

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

To clarify what everyone gets above. I mean a complete custom firework not just different colors. This includes custom rocket and explosion(s) and shape, colors, and particle actions so we can really make it your own unique one.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

@thesmileman: Great pick! Fireworks Bonanza definitely excites and wants you to buy! Smiley Happy

Love how you structured this into a competition with the runner ups and what not. Interesting thread haha i'll let you know about the customization -- still thinking !

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

thesmileman wrote:

Now for the prizes.You have no idea how much I appreciate your quick responses and help. I think I can get you guys a better prize than just kudos and I think you will like what I have as prizes:

All of you guys below (If you are okay with it) will each get your own special and unique firework in Fireworks Bonanza!

Ha...very clever. I like your style.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

WELL!

I'm exicted! I've got my first PlayBook app, and I don't even have the PlayBook yet (duh, who does?)!

Thanks for the fun thread and interaction from all.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ---

[ Edited ]

@thesmileman

Nice! Totally unexpected.  Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PlayBook Apps
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Glad this all worked out for you.

It would be nice if developers for the PB made an effort to stay away from app names that already existed.  I changed one of my app names already because it was too close to others already posted for the PB.  If RIM wont do this, it would be nice if there was a place that devs can "register" their app names to make it easier to check.  Also, using the @thesmileman approach, if you're stuck on an app name ask the community for help.  Thoughts?

Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

thesmileman: That's very cool that you're giving everyone a firework. I wish I'd given a suggestion, but I couldn't think of anything clever that these guys hadn't already said. Smiley Happy

I love fireworks, so your app will definitely be one of the first I play with!

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Haha, what fun!

This would be cool with fireworks:

http://www.rphelan.com/2008/10/16/wave-reflection-pixel-bender-filter

Maybe even with a landscape image - the Sidney opera house, Hong Kong harbour, Golden Gate bridge, London houses of parlaiment....

(and by all means, add it as a feature for everyone to enjoy)

Cheers, - Jon -

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands