Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Rendering Problems in Simulator?

[ Edited ]

has anyone else noticed animation rendering issues in the simulator?

i have display square shapes which animate by zooming in and out and rotating - not fast and not often.

when they zoom out and rotate a little, visual artifacts are left behind - most notifiably on their corners.  from these artifacts you can see how much the squares have zoomed and rotated.  the trail begins at the original location.

i could often see a slow screen refresh and general buggy behavior on the simulator with other projects so i'm assuming this is purely an issue with the simulator, but a conservative might consider my display objects as being a bit expensive for a mobile device (display object siblings: vector graphic, bitmap with blend mode, 2 text fields with blend mode, rotatable, scallable)

thoughts?

Screen shot 2011-03-07 at 8.07.20 PM.png  Screen shot 2011-03-07 at 8.04.16 PM.pngScreen shot 2011-03-07 at 8.03.38 PM.png  

[EDIT] i should mention that the texture of the squares in the images above are intentional and represents the texture of a canvas.  besides the general rough edges / lack of anti-aliasing in the simulator, the fill is not a part of the rendering issues i'm experiancing. 

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Rendering Problems in Simulator?

I've seen similar* things, such as with the corners of rounded rects and similar corners I've tried drawing with curveTo().  Until I can confirm it on actual hardware, I'm assuming these are the artifacts of a buggy x86 implementation of Flash on the simulator, and that the real tablet (ARM implementation) will not suffer the same problems.

* I can't see your images yet, but your description sounds about right for what I've seen before.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!