Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Rim ActionBar and Buttons/Text Input Fields like Podcasts

I am just working on my App's UI and really liked the top navigation for RIM's apps. How do they create the buttons in their top navigation that seem to be part of the actionbar?

The buttons select downwards (indent inwards) and stay selected.

You can see them in the top bar for RIM's Podcast app.

Also how did they get the search icon inside the textbox?

It would be really helpful to keep the app looking like it belonged on the PlayBook, kinda like the way all the Windows Phone/IPhone apps looks are similar.

My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Rim ActionBar and Buttons/Text Input Fields like Podcasts

Some of these applications use the NDK so some controls may not be available in the AIR SDK.  The toggle button looks to be like one.  You can use the AIR segment control to get something similar.

The QNX TextInput control allows you to define an icon to the left of the text entry.  Create an image and asssociate it to the text input control to have it show up.  You will need to add some event listeners when the control gets focus to hide and show the icon when the user selects the control.

The application bar is just a Sprite or UIComponent that is on top of very thing else on the stage.  Wehn swiped down, a Tweener is just moving the control down (or up) to show the other preferences.

Hope that helps.