Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: SDK 0.9.4 released

I'm on Windows 7, and also cannot extract the Windows SDK installer properly.

I believe the file may be corrupted.

If anyone on Windows has successfully installed the new SDK (the simulator works, this is just the SDK), please post.  Also if possible please post the MD5 checksum for the file.

For my non-working file, the md5sum is 68ac2ccc07dffa8ed79294ca1dbb1395 (for file BlackBerryTabletSDK-Air-Installer-0.9.4-Win-201102222031.exe)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: Rogers

I too have downloaded the new SDK and can't extract it.  I am also having issue with the simulator but can't verify until I have the latest SDK.

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

peter9477 wrote:

I'm on Windows 7, and also cannot extract the Windows SDK installer properly.

I believe the file may be corrupted.

If anyone on Windows has successfully installed the new SDK (the simulator works, this is just the SDK), please post.  Also if possible please post the MD5 checksum for the file.

For my non-working file, the md5sum is 68ac2ccc07dffa8ed79294ca1dbb1395 (for file BlackBerryTabletSDK-Air-Installer-0.9.4-Win-201102222031.exe)

68ac2ccc07dffa8ed79294ca1dbb1395 blackberrytabletsdk-air-installer-0.9.4-win-201
102222031.exe

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

The Windows SDK installer isn't working for me, too.

Cheers

(*) Kudo-me if you really think I helped you!
My plug: I'm doing a Mobile Experiment, reported on my Blog: Check it out!.
---------------------------
Paulo Garcia
http://www.mobilecreators.com - Twitter: http://twitter.com/mobilecreators
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

[ Edited ]

Same problem here with the windows SDK.

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I downloaded and installed the Linux SDK, then zip up the folder and transfer to my Windows box, and it appears to be working.

One oddity is that the "package-id" always has "test" in front of it now, signifying "-devMode", and yet I'm not specifying that option during packaging.

By the way, I use command line only, not the IDE, so I can't recommend (or discourage) that anyone using the IDE attempt it this way.  (And no doubt the problem will be fixed fairly soon anyway.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

SDK and Simulator installers for Mac OS X work fine.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

it os because package is unsigned. Only signed packages would have a proper package id.

>One oddity is that the "package-id" always has "test" in front of it now, signifying "-devMode", and yet I'm >not specifying that option during packaging.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Everyone,

We are aware that the Tablet SDK is corrupt for some mirrors and are working to upload a fixed version now. I will update as soon as this is done and verified.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

On a side note, Vimeo's video seems to work in the simulator, but youtube still does not.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda