06-20-2011 09:06 PM
Today was simultaneous release of multiple things
- Playbook OS update 1.0.6 running air 2.7 runtime
- Flash Builder 4.5.1 with new 2.7 air sdk
- BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe Air 1.1 targeting OS 1.0.6
Some notes for those who do not read release notes
- If you using qnx classes new sdk can only be used with air 2.7 runtime, which means it can only run on devices updated to OS 1.0.6. By default sdk would use target OS 1.0.6 in your bar file, but you may need also to enter this infromation when you submit your application to AppWorld. Failure to do so would result in blackscreen when app is launched and bad reviews.
- If you still want to target OS 1.0.1 you SHOULD NOT update the sdk (or keep the one you have and install a second one)
- With new sdk you don't need any hacks anymore in Flash Builder 4.5 and we recommend switch to it, as we dropped support for FB 4.0.1
- If you install FB 4.5.1 you will notice that it is bundled with BBT plugins already, however you still required to install sdk (tools and libraries) using the installer. Installer will no longer install plugins for Flash Builder 4.5.1 and above, to update the plugins you would use Eclipse update site, which will be posted shortly.
- Same as sdk 1.0.2 installer would not install flex sdk when using Flash Builder integration, since flex and air sdk comes pre-installed with flash builder.
06-20-2011 09:16 PM
I get a message saying (along the lines of) "The workspace you are using was created with a previous version of Flash Builder. This could cause issues. See our documentation..."
This comes from Flash Builder 4.5.1, but Adobe doesn't specifiy what these issues are.
Is there any explanation of the issue?
Last thing I want is for my project to get deleted because I didn't export and reimport my workspace under a newer version (it happened once before because of a bug in Eclipse 3.5).
06-20-2011 10:50 PM
the message ""The workspace you are using was created with a previous version of Flash Builder. This could cause issues. See our documentation..." is very specific for Flash Builder and it is not related to the QNX Air SDK.
When I was testing FB 4.5.1 I noticed this message, and at first I didn't notice any problem for keeping the old workspace. After a while, though, I noticed that I couldn't place breakpoints anymore, so I "guess" this could be one of the problems.
Since it is better be safe than sorry, just create a new workspace and reimport your projects to it, although I really don't think you could lose source code, etc...
06-20-2011 11:08 PM
06-21-2011 01:15 PM
If I update my app with SDK 1.1 and target 1.0.6 in the App World vendor portal, will users who have OS 1.0.5 and earlier not see my app at all in App World?? or will they still be able to download my old version that targets OS 1.0.5 and earlier?
06-21-2011 02:06 PM
06-21-2011 05:22 PM
I'm trying to get the new SDK working with FDT rather than FB but I'm having some problems:
I have downloaded the new SDK but after pointing the installer to my AIR 2.7 SDK and building the 1.1 SDK with no errors the frameworks/libs folder does not contain the flex.swc which FDT expects. Has this changed from the previous version?
06-21-2011 06:26 PM
I managed to solve the path problem by updating FDT but I now receive this error when compiling:
error 102: Invalid namespace http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.6
Error: AIR validation failed
It looks like this bug report from Adobe explains it:
However the error states that the workaround is no longer required but I still receive the error.
Anyone else getting the same?
06-21-2011 06:37 PM
Unless you need the flex.swc (which by the sounds of it you don't - pure AS3 project?) you can just delete the flex.swc in the build properties of the project (right click project select properties -> FDT Build Path -> SDK Library) - if you need the flex.swc (mxml project) just copy it from the latest flex hero build...