Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
Developer
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

SDK 3.1.0 - QNXApplication.supportedFileTypes

Docs say that this method is deprecated, replaced by InvokeManager.queryTargets(), however, no such method is documented: should it refer instead to InvokeManager.queryInvokeTargets()?

If I do queryInvokeTargets (on the latest simulator: 10.1.0.338):

InvokeManager.invokeManager.queryInvokeTargets( '*/*', '', null, InvokeTargetOptions.ALL );

there is only 1 target

action:  = bb.action.SETUP sys.bbm
   target [BBM] icon=[/apps/sys.bbm.testRel_sys_bbm____9851f58c/public/native/bbmtarget.png]

not much help in determining if a file type is supported...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: SDK 3.1.0 - QNXApplication.supportedFileTypes

It should be queryInvokeTargets().

You may not be able to get all of the supportedFileTypes, but you can determine if a specific file type is supported. 

With the way that the supportedFileTypes method was created originally can really no longer be relied upon because of the ability for apps to add support for different file types.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: SDK 3.1.0 - QNXApplication.supportedFileTypes

Before deprecating a function, please make sure there is a viable alternative. We rely on supportedFileTypes. Changing to another API is fine, as long as there is one that performs the same function: get all supported file types.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands