Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Re: SDK 4.5.0 (Hero) What to do

Support for FB 4.5 and Hero is coming very very soon

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

QNX Controls

I'm a little surprised that the Playbook team chose to create a separate namespace for the BB implementations of UI controls. It would have been simpler for app developers if Adobe and RIM had cooperated so that using a spark.components.Label or some other control) created an optimized QNX implementation under the hood. Or, if BBUI skins were created for all components so that your app could look native (I guess this only applies to spark, which isn't supported).

My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: QNX Controls

[ Edited ]

There were two paths they could have taken.  Do what you suggested in having the implementation different with the same SDK interface or have their own framework.  The own framework route makes more sense since there are and will be a lot more controls that use platform specific functionality that current controls donet have.  Plus if they came across an exsiting Spark control that needed new behavior, it would be more diffilcult to have Adove change their base interface then for them to just do their own.

But I do find it frustrating some times that style of the framework is different that MX and Spark in how the SDK interfacees were implemented (eg. using Vector Numbers instead of a simple Array).  I feel, under the BB SDK, I am writing a lot more lines of code to do some basic stuff that the MX and Spark frameworks do for you out of the box.  Maybe it is just at a earlier stage of maturity.