Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: BB Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

SDK won't install in Win 7

Well, I can't even get past the simple installation of the tabled SDK.

I'm running on Windows 7, 64 bit, with admin privileges.

When I run the installer (as admin), it comes up and goes through the intro, license, integration, and comes to the "Choose Install Folder".  It asks where I want to install and chooses the correct directory where my standalone Flash Builder 4 is installed.  However, when I hit next, it comes up with the error:

Incorrect Adobe Flash Builder directory.

Incorrect Adobe Flash Builder directory selected. Please select Flash Builder 4.0.1 standalone installation ...

It IS the correct directory, and it does have admin privileges.  However, right there I see a problem.  When I check my version of Flash Builder, it comes up 4.0.0 (build 272416).  However, when I search for FB updates within FB help, there are NONE.  There is nothing later than 4.0.0 according to my FB.  How then is 4.0.1 required and what the freak am I supposed to do to get this to even install??  Where does this magical 4.0.1 version come from?

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BB Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SDK won't install in Win 7

Looks like it was another bug in Flash Builder.  It didn't find any existing updates.  However, when I sorted through the google search, I found a manual update installer, which seemed to install fine.