Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

SWIPE_START on real device

Hello,

in the constructor of my App I register this:

QNXApplication.qnxApplication.addEventListener(QNXApplicationEvent.SWIPE_START, onSwipeStart);

and then here the function:

private function onSwipeStart( e:QNXApplicationEvent ):void{
			perform();
		}

This works fine on the simulator, but on the real device it does not work. What else do I need to do to make this work on the real device?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: SWIPE_START on real device

that bit of code is correct -- assuming the response funciton you have is correct as well i dont see why it wouldnt work. how do you know it doesnt work on the device?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
Developer

Because I tried it on one.

Maybe I have to set the 'access_internet' permissions when I want to display a website in my App using QNXStageWebView?

Developer

yes -- if you are planning on use the net connection on the device you are going to need to ask for permission via the blackberry-tablet.xml file. but i dont see how that would affect the swipe down.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Developer
Developer

The swipe down opened the window with the browser field. But the swipe down did not do anything so then it seems like it is a permissions issue. Will try now.
Thanks for your help!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I don't have a device yet (boo hiss) so I can't help with that, but I did just get a report that my app, which uses the SWIPE_START procedure I described here in early February, functions only once on the real device.  After that, the app has to be closed and restarted before the menu will work again.

Clearly the SWIPE_START behaviour is slightly different on the real thing.

Really wish I had a tablet to resolve the issue on, but I can't help yet...

Anyone who used SWIPE_START and has their app posted for sale, I advise you to remove from sale and either wait for a tablet, or switch to using SWIPE_DOWN and upload a new release, until we sort out the problem.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

SWIPE_DOWN: 1

SWIPE_START: 0

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer
Developer

Thanks peter for your reply!

It is really annoying that even with a simulator, we cant really test an app.

I wish RIM would have given us a playbook a few month ago. That playbook wouldnt even need to be the real device. just a pre pre pre version of the hard and software. even a playbook like the simulator with only the browser wuold have been nice! 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Man, really hoping I used swipe_down (believe i did)

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

bba wrote:

Thanks peter for your reply!

It is really annoying that even with a simulator, we cant really test an app.

I wish RIM would have given us a playbook a few month ago. That playbook wouldnt even need to be the real device. just a pre pre pre version of the hard and software. even a playbook like the simulator with only the browser wuold have been nice! 

I think that would be a terrible idea because even since they annouced that they will even have a PlayBook the hardware got BETTER!  So we would have been stuck with a PlayBook that doesn't even have the final hardware.  It's best to just wait for the final build of the hardware to REALLY test your app.

Fitbit for BlackBerry PlayBook