02-24-2012 09:34 AM
03-01-2012 02:34 PM
I have been working with a few folks and was able to get this working with a sample app I made that is in Draft state on App World.
Steps needed to complete:
1) Upload your app to App World in draft state
2) Add yourself to the sandbox users
3) Open App World and ensure the background of App World has focus (click on the background if needed)
4) Swipe from the bottom left bexel to the center of the screen to bring up the keyboard
5) Type 'tst', without the quotes <-- you will not see any changes to the App World client
6) *Keeping App World open* browse to the full content content URL for your draft app in App World
This should work for you. I tested in the public OS 2.0 build 7971. The issue I had originally was that I closed App World between loads assuming that it needed to be launched by browsing to the URL.
If this continues to fail please reply here with the results and PM me your App's content ID.
03-06-2012 07:47 AM
03-25-2012 08:13 PM
What needs to be done to update a beta copy from the sandbox?
I uploaded a new BAR to the Vendor Portal. It shows as DRAFT. I repreated the sequence, and the app's only option is to delete it.
I tried "Refresh List" in "My World" and the beta app only shows the Delete button.
Is the only way to delete the app first and repeat the download? This of course deleted app releaded info.
I would expect that in My World, a Refresh List would show any updated sandbox apps.
03-26-2012 09:16 AM
You would need to repeat the same steps done to get the first sandbox version installed. You only have access to the sandbox for that one session so My World will not see the updates.
03-26-2012 10:34 AM