Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Sandbox Beta Testing under 2.0

Has anyone been able to have a beta version of their app in the Vendor Portal (draft form) and add people to the sandbox and they were able to download your app from App World?

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Sandbox Beta Testing under 2.0

No, but that would be very interesting if it would actually work.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer

So, you are saying it has never worked?
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Hey John, 

i thought the same when first seeing this function. But it actually works a little different. The sandbox enables users to download your app "for free" if it's a paid app. But for this to work it actually needs to be for sale first. Would be great if it worked like you described it...

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer

The instructions say to leave it in DRAFT form and to type 'tst' in App World and then go to the full URL in the browser, but none of that seems to work.
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

It never worked in your way before I am afraid. The sandbox is for allowing people to gain access to your market-ready apps for free.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer

[ Edited ]

jtegen wrote:
The instructions say to leave it in DRAFT form and to type 'tst' in App World and then go to the full URL in the browser, but none of that seems to work.

Lol where did your read that? I just tried it with one of my pending review app and it actually does work! 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer

Really! You app is in DRAFT form or did you submit it for review and it is just "pending".
Developer

jtegen wrote:
Really! You app is in DRAFT form or did you submit it for review and it is just "pending".

Hm you're right i only tried it with one "pending for review" and one i could "post for sale". Which URL did you use to try it? I used: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/<theid>

Willy R.
-
Developer

Yes, that is the URL. I will try getting it for review, which is odd. If you want to beta test something with other users, why have it reviewed? Not worth beta testing if it takes a day or more for them to review it.