Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Z10 LE
My Carrier: UfonePK
Accepted Solution

Screenshots too small in App World. Why?

Hello,

As I'm getting my first app ready for sumission, I just took a round to App World to see how other Playbook apps look like.

I noticed that the required screenshots of app are 640x640, but on the App World they are 300x175. It's really hard to notice any details of the application UI. And I think which can impact negatively since user cannot see the app's complete details.

I like to ask guys taking care of the App World, kindly at least show 50% size of the actual screenshot, so user is well aware what he is buying.

Or there should be an option to popup-zoom to 100% view when user clicks the screenshot.

I think this is really small compared to actual size 1024x600. What you guys think?

// chall3ng3r //

--
- Our PlayBook Apps: IdeaPad | EasyCrop | Popcornia
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
- A Kudo is appreciated if you like my post Smiley Happy
- My post soveld the problem? Please click Accept as Solution.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Screenshots too small in App World. Why?

They're working on changes to App World.   Also, what most users will see (I think) is whatever it looks like in the PlayBook itself, where it may well be shown at full 640x375.

All will be well...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

hey challenger,

yeah we were just dicussing this in the other thread. most likely they are aware of this (increased the screen shot size i think in the vendor portal). right now they are probably just using the old system that only accomadated phones. they will most likely introduce a complete overhaul when the playbook is released to the general population. but i do agree, they make our apps look like crud at the moment.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer

Hey guys,

Thanks for your reply.

Good to know that they are working on an update. I was a bit worried as I spent more of time with my app's graphics. And wanted the end-users should be able to notice the details.

I think RIM should also enable beta view of the new App World update they are working on, so they can gather more feedback from developers, as well as end-users. Just a suggestion.

I'm sure the update will be cool and quite competitive Smiley Happy

Best regards,

// chall3ng3r //

--
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

chall3ng3r wrote:

I think RIM should also enable beta view of the new App World update they are working on, so they can gather more feedback from developers, as well as end-users. Just a suggestion.

Tee-hee.  You don't know RIM very well yet, do you?  ;-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Hehe...

I'm coming from the Nokia side, and been in tons of beta programs all the time. I like giving feedback when things are in betas Smiley Very Happy

I am just learning about RIM... Not sure yet how they operate stuff around here, but eventually get it Smiley Happy

// chall3ng3r //

--