Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Seeing & and " etc. in PlayBook reviews, and double newlines between paragraphs

There are a couple app world issues that have been long standing and I am amazed they haven't been fixed yet.

1. If a reviewer uses an "&" or double quote in their description (etc) it shows up as "&" or "quot;" in the literal sense when viewed. As an example, see:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/reviews/65525?lang=en
... and search for &

This seems like it should be incredibly easy to fix, either on the website or on the PlayBook. Why hasn't this been fixed?

2. When I submit new apps (I'm on Windows, not sure if that matters), and I copy and paste a description into the vendor portal that I've written in Notepad, when the app goes live, all of the paragraphs have two carriage returns between them. It looks very ugly, and it happens every time. I've seen it for other products as well, and again I'm amazed that this hasn't been fixed. Perhaps it is that you've converting Windows CR+LF (\r\n) to two separate newlines or something. NOTE: This is when viewing the description in the PlayBook App World program.

Have you guys also noticed these bugs? Is not not rather bizarre that many many months later, no one has fixed them?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Seeing & and " etc. in PlayBook reviews, and double newlines between paragraphs

You should post this to the App World forum so App World developers have a better chance in seeing it.