Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: tablet
My Carrier: me

Signing Issue

Hello,

I'm trying to sign my application using Flash Builder 4.5. When I try to Register my CSJ File, it wont allow me to do that. It asks for CSI file instead.

I already received CSJ file in the email.

I have been following the instructions on this page: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_Flash_Builder_1422...

I just tried to update my Tablet SDK, that didnt solve the issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Signing Issue

hey,

a user had ran into a similar problem a while back. he solved it by right click on the flash builder application icon and selecting "Run as Admin" (even if you are an admin of your system). here is a link to the post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/signing-what-is-quot-Initialize-c...

also make sure you are currently using hte newest SDK 0.9.4 and not the older one:

Preferences > Flash Builder > Target Platforms > BlackBerry Tablet OS

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi

As well, if you can't get your app signing to work from within Flash Builder, you can always sign from the command line. I found this method to be simpler and more reliable. You may want to look into it, at least for the first submission if you need to get an app in before the deadline.

There is a great developer guide on app signing from the command line here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1463...

----------------------------------------
If this post solved your problem, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button.
If you found this post useful, please provide a Kudo. Thanks.

Approved Apps: Celestial Slingshot
Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

I agree commandline method is working out best for me... i have written a 4 step readme that i blindly follow and it works great. Gives me full control of what is happening at each step. I am not prepared yet to go with GUI for signing.. i guess its best to stick to what works for you and repeatable...

Contributor
My Device: tablet
My Carrier: me

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll give command line procedure a shot, I think 4 steps process sounds easier.

Also, I tried reinstalling flash builder + blackberry sdk on different computer, and it seems like I see CSJ being requested.

So, i'll give both methods a try.

Thanks,

Regular Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been using the command line exclusively because I just plain can't get application signing to work from Flash Builder. And at least the command line gives you a nice long chain of log messages, so you can see exactly what's going on.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Running FB as Admin worked for me to change CSI to CSJ. Thanks!