Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Signing Keys - No Credit Card

Hey everybody,

my PlayBook app is about the be finished and I'm getting ready to submit it to the BB AppWorld. However, I don't have a credit card to verify my signing keys. I'm a university student in Germany, where having a credit card is the exception rather than the norm, at least for my age group. Given that I don't earn any money myself yet, I could probably only get one of those prepaid credit cards, but it would probably take a while to request one.

I used the vendor support form to contact the AppWorld team (which I'm quoting below), but given my previous experiences with email support from big companies, I'm not very hopeful that they can resolve it before the 15th, so I'm also posting this to the forum in the hope that somebody can help me.

So, my question: Does anybody know a way around this requirement? Would using somebody else's credit card work? Is there somebody inside RIM I can contact to get this resolved?

I'd really like to get my app in before the 15th. I'd appreciate any pointers in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your replies!

Leon

P.S.: Below is my email to BB support

=========================

Hello,
I have recently applied as an AppWorld Vendor and was admitted after providing the notary verification.
However, I have now read on the BlackBerry Developer's blog [0] that to submit an application, signing keys are required. For these signing keys to be verified, a credit card is required.
However, I have a major problem: I do not have a credit card. I live in Germany where payment with a credit card is not as common as in some other countries. Also, banks actually check credit ratings before issuing a credit card, so I as a university student might not even be able to get one.
I am happy to have my identity verified any other way. Here in Germany, the notary system is based on only a few state-accredited notary offices, so in my opinion the notary form already provides quite a strong proof of my identity. However, I can provide whatever you would like as proof, from my birth certificate to my PGP keys.
I would appreciate if you could find a solution for this problem, forward it to a person capable of resolving this or telling me who to contact to resolve this problem. Please do not simply restate that a credit card is required.
Kind Regards,
Leon Handreke

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Signing Keys - No Credit Card

Hey,

I'm a student from germany, too (Guten Tag ;-)).

I used my prepaid Visa card from Diba to register my signing keys.

But I was told somewhere on the forums that you may use a credit card from your parents or somebody else and it will work.

I'd suggest you just try if it works.

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

[ Edited ]

Contact me and we'll get that solved:

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Developer