Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook Simulator 0.9.3

Simulator 0.9.3 Browser in Portrait Orientation

Hey all,

Has anyone done any browser testing in portrait orientation?  I get a strange effect where the browser cuts off the body about halfway down.  Scrolling works as expected, but the content is behind this gray mask.  It's almost as if the browser is still displaying landscape and filling the extra space with gray. I attached a screenshot.  Thanks for any input.

Simulator 0.9.3 Browser in Portrait Orientation

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Simulator 0.9.3 Browser in Portrait Orientation

[ Edited ]

Yes, this seems a bug.

I know that we do have orientation problem before on Simulator, that after rotate, you need to minimize and maximize again your app to make it render correctly.

But, I tried the same "trick", it just don't work for the Browser. The gray block is still there.

Worst case, I can reproduce the same problem on landscape mode.

Try this to have landscape mode Browser with gray block:

(1) Make sure browser is closed.

(2) Rotate your simulator to Portrait mode.

(3) Now, launch the browser and go to a web site. Oops, the gray block is still there ...

(4) Now, swipe to rotate your simulator to Landscape mode.

(5) Et voila, you got a landscape mode Browser with gray block at the bottom ....

---------------------
a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook Simulator 0.9.3

Yeah even closing the browser completely and opening a new one doesn't fix the problem.  I didn't see this in the list of known issues in the release notes, which is surprising.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

We cannot assume that BB is aware of issues like this and the proper people at BB are listening in.  Since you have a nice set of steps outlined, best ot submit that to the BB issues database.

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/issuetracker/