Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Simulator 0.9.3 issue: flash video doesn't play

Running the Browser app installed on the simulator, none of the videos on youtube.com play properly. No video or audio.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Simulator 0.9.3 issue: flash video doesn't play

hey,

just like your previous thread, this is a known bug discussed in the following link:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21880/Known_issues_1360895_11.jsp

i recommend reading that page to know what to be ready for in regards to possible bugs. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor

Yeah, I just saw that.  The strange thing is, everything worked fine in 0.9.2.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Would be nice to know how development teams are organized at RIM.  Some things do break on large projects, but a +0.0.1 update have critical item fail after only about a month after the previous update.  Either they have configuration/build issues to resolve, QA not fully implementing their test procedures, and/or personal responsibility at the development level to make certain their portions are always working with each build.  Many of us have been there, but a month before production release?  Yikes.  Hope to get 0.9.4 next week.

Contributor

I'm guessing it's "all of the above".  Seeing such breakage on what is supposed to be a minor upgrade release leaves me very wary about development on this platform.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I'm not sure whether this explains anything yet (hoping for confirmation from @tneil), but I just posted a question about possible explanation in a Web Development forum thread.  If it's true, then I'm suddenly quite a bit less concerned about the likely state of the release product as compared to the simulator.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!