Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Simulator Screen size = actual screen size?

peter9477 wrote:

Eagle, FTW!

If your app is anything in this area, then now I'm really interested. Smiley Happy

I wish it was, before anything like that I would want some serious testing with device in hand before attempting.  Although...  that would be a fun idea. Smiley Happy

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Hah!  No, I didn't mean a competitor to Eagle.  I just meant if it were a utility related to circuit board layout or something micro-hardware-related, I'll definitely count among your users.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

kdittyr wrote:

I will need to check my "About" window as it has a lot of instructions that might look really small, but so far so good.

I just printed everything out and it looks good.  I was concerned that the text might be too small, and it might be for some, but I wear glasses and could read it just fine...

peter9477 wrote:

Hah!  No, I didn't mean a competitor to Eagle.  I just meant if it were a utility related to circuit board layout or something micro-hardware-related, I'll definitely count among your users.

Dang, Peter, now I really want a playbook to try something like that with.  The funny thing is that the screen size is actually larger than the area allowed in the free version of Eagle PCB so you could do a whole ( albeit basic ) layout and export it to be finalized in Eagle PCB free version.  THAT is a great idea.  Mind you that I am still an Eagle noob as I have done a few layouts with it but am still confused at times.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Free PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi Peter

Do you play with microcontrollers? I was thinking about porting over a pic simulator I wrote for a palm PDA. I didn't know if there would be enough interest in it to spend the time working on it. I have about 10 apps I'm working on now.Smiley Very Happy

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

PBDev wrote:

Do you play with microcontrollers? I was thinking about porting over a pic simulator I wrote for a palm PDA. I didn't know if there would be enough interest in it to spend the time working on it. I have about 10 apps I'm working on now.Smiley Very Happy

I'd prefer to think of it as potentially revenue-generating work, not "play" ;-), but yes I do micros.  I've never liked the PIC architecture that much, though I have done a couple of projects on them.  I prefer Freescale and AVR.

But we're way off topic for this thread I guess.  Feel free to start another one or two.  I've actually been thinking of some "PlayBook app ideas" threads, possibly centered around several general areas rather than specific apps.  I think people are somewhat reluctant to discuss specifics, for fear someone else will grab the idea, but discussions of general areas, and things like what type of use is going to be most effective with a 7" tablet or the PlayBook specifically, may prove fruitful.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Free PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yeah this is getting way off topic. I'll end it here but I aways liked to be able to play at work.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Use Flash's scaling:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Simulator-screen-size/m-p/831523#...

A lot easier than printouts, sticky tape and cardboard, though not as much fun ;-)

Cheers,           - Jon -

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: Red Passport * Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Nice idea.

I'll stick with cardboard and tape, so I can pretend to use it with my fingers..... until I get my hands on one in about 13 days.

Visit DeanLogic on the BlackBerry App World
Join the DeanLogic BBM Channel COO4DD717 or Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Makes a pretty good instant on digital photo frame Smiley Happy