Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Simulator installation problem

Hello,

I have had a look at the webcast which gives the installation instructions for the BlackBerry PlayBook SDk and simulator.I have completed all the steps - installed the SDK, the Simulator, VMWare Player. I am having a problem at the very last step i.e. while installing the simulator, I am getting a WinZip file and not an ISO file (that the presentation says). On unzipping, I get a bunch of folders and files, but no ISO file.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Simulator installation problem

I would verify that you're downing loading the correct file.  The file I downloaded contained a single ISO file.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

i've seen sometimes if you have winRAR or something similar it opens ISO files as if they were archive type files because and ISO is basically a container for a files and folders. Are you able to see extensions like .ISO on your computer?

try this download the file from the blackberry site and unzip it ONCE. after that leave the file it just unzipped as is instead of opening it again unzipping it again and use the VMWare player to access that file and see what happens.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer

Hi JRab,

Thank you so much for the idea. I unzipped the file and opened the file using the VMWare player and it looks like it worked.

thanks so much ...

Developer

No problem! Glad it worked out. Good luck on your development!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello, i got a related problem. After reading the eula i hit y and pressed enter but it caused the player to reboot. i also tested Y, z and such but it still did reboot. Does anyone have a clue how this can be resolved?

Developer

hey,

there was a post a little while back that explained when you get to the license aggreement, just hit SHIFT + G on your keyboard. that will bring you to the end of the license agreement. at that point just hit 'y' and it will start installing. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Highlighted
New Contributor

works fine now. Thanks.