Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Slider Control Step Interval?

Looks like the Slider control does not have the feature to set the step interval.  Is that correct and if so, how does that get set/controlled?

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Slider Control Step Interval?

I haven't tried it but isn't it just setting the .tickInterval method of the SliderClass? 

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/controls/sliderClasses/Slider....

Regards,

Brent

Give me a kudo if you found my post helpful.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

The .tickInterval is the interval for tick marks.  We're looking for the .snapInterval to be implemented.  Event tickInterval is not a part of the BB Slider Control.

There was a post on another thread that covered how to include MX and SPARK controls in FB4 without getting compile errors.  If that works (at day job now), then I will revert to the MX/SPARK controls and just size them for finger manipulation.

Thanks anyway...

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

In flash builder, on your (open) project, select with the right mouse button to bring up the context menu.  Select preferences and then Flex Compiler and then set the additional compiler arguments so that it also points to the bb sdk\frameworks\locale\en_US (or other as applicable) locale.  Here's mine:

-locale en_US -library-path+="c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.0\frameworks\locale\en_US"

Regards,

Brent

Give me a kudo if you found my post helpful.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!