Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: So, how many sales did you make on your app?

[ Edited ]

Not bad for a productivity app.  Smiley Happy  And no bad reviews yet, thank goodness.

Edit:  Pasted in actual image this time, not a link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Developer

I have only sold one copy of my game Twystem HD, which is kind of frustrating. Especially because I think the game turned out really well, and I've been working hard to promote it (with a new website, 44 followers on twitter, and various comments on PlayBook blogs and discussion groups.

This weekend, I'm going to produce a video showing gameplay in action. Hopefully I can drive some sales with that.

And the fifteen developers who I've helped with native-device app testing should be receiving their playbooks in the mail next week. They'll start buying copies of the game, and I'm counting on their purchases and reviews to create some momentum in App World.

Does anyone else have a non-free app in the "games" category that's sold more than one or two copies?

--------
An addictive new puzzle game for PlayBook: Twystem HD
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

@benjismith

Yeah. I sell about six a day, except for yeterday, when I sold two. This is completely unacceptable. So far, I haven't seen anything sell more than 100/day, and even those are the free apps.  Guess I'll wait and see how the platform matures.

Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Bell

My app started out as a project to learn programming on the BlackBerry OS 5/6 platforms. It turned out not too badly given the limitations of screen sizes, and runs decent enough on the Torch. It continues to sell usually a couple of copies a day. Only 2 yet on the PlayBook edition, which uses more of the tab features.

The update that is waiting for approval has some more enhancements. A number of people have done Video Poker games, but not so much with the strategy training built in, multiple games, single/multiple decks, etc. (all of that fits into the OS 5/6 versions too).

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Here's my chart. This is disappointing, to say the least. I expected WAY more than this.

And these aren't what I'd call quick and dirty 'crapplications'. There's tons of hours in them, especially the calculator.

It also seems really hard to actually find my apps I've found. Maybe that has something to do with it as well. Even though I'm the author I really think I have one of the richest calculator apps out there in both looks and functionality but when you look for Calculators it's stuffed away somewhere all the way at the bottom.

sales.png

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

@benjismith While I definitely think videos are a great way to showcase your app, I haven't had any success with it (perhaps my app's functionality just doesn't have any demand). I made a video and got 1000 hits on youTube and even some buzz in the crackberry forums, but 0 sales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-GU4nvr5cA

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Same here. Lots of views on my videos but they don't seem to result in sales.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I haven't been too surprised with the performance of my apps. I'm actually pretty stoked that my paid app has been purchased. But I want a much better performance out of my next app when I release it because I'm going to put a lot more work into it. The poor sales you guys are reporting are slightly worrying so I'm focusing a little more on ensuring my app will play nice with other platforms as a back up. I don't think I'll ever come up with a good replacement for swiping in the menu though.

graph_9075_1303485702635.png

@DLau  I've got your back buddy. Some people know me as afrojim Smiley Wink

My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I think I have a couple of sales on my app

Shi Er

which is a puzzle game, but I don't see anything in App World, although I know people have downloaded it. I'm not quite sure what's up.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Shi Er

Try out my puzzle game and see if any of you can get past level 10 --

Shi Er