Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Submitted on time, ticket showing otherwise.

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Actually I submitted my application at around 6:30 AM April 1st India time (GMT + 5:30), received a confirmation mail within minutes. Considering the deadline time zone was (GMT-4),I believe I submitted my application in time to qualify for Playbook offer.

But when I checked the vendor portal again it was showing time of submission at (Apr 01, 2011 01:15:33). 

I have spend sleepless night working on my app, since I was not aware of the offer earlier. Then messed up with the signing, order another key, received it at 2:00 AM in the morning. With several tries finally managed to submit it on time (I Hope), but now this...........

Banging my head.......

Kindly suggest what to do??

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Submitted on time, ticket showing otherwise.

The server might be in a different timezone. 6:30 a.m. your time was still a few hours before the deadline. I would say not to panic. You've got your confirmation email so all is good. Follow the ticket and be aware that the review process will take time. If by launch day (April 19th) you have not been contacted, send support an email. Heck, you might want to do it now.

Even though it doesn't matter now, be aware that you could have submitted your unsigned app and it would've qualified (if approved) for the free PlayBook .

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

The server times should be showing as UTC, not EST.  Check whether the time shown corresponds with what UTC was at the moment of your submission.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

You are right peter, the time of submission infact corresponds with UTC and not EST. Now, does it mean I was late to submit my application & not eligible for the Playbook offer.

Ahh... did I miss the bus.....

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

No, you're fine because the deadline was specified as 11:59pm in EST, not UTC.  The UTC version of the deadline would have been this morning (Apr 1) at 03:59Z.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

Thanks for the assuringg words peter.....
But I have only received the confirmation mail that acknowledges my product submission. I have yet to receive the second mail that generally everybody receives which says "Success! you have completed the first step..............".

I believe it would be better to send support an email, as berryawesome suggested. It would be nice if you can pass on the email. Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hey,

I got my second emails 4 days after submitting my app. If it's already been confirmed that you submitted it in time then just give it a few days.

Contributor

Update:

Had written to Support regarding the discrepancy in time of submission & timestamp. Just now received a mail saying...

"The server itself is running in GMT time This time will not be used to determine eligibility for the free Playbook Offer, instead we will use your local time.”

This is weird, especially when they have very clearly defined the deadline as 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2011

1. Offer Period

Offer is open between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 7, 2010 and 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2011 ("Offer Period").

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Sprint

I submitted mine at 8:59:54 PM Pacific (yes, 6 seconds before the deadline). I got the initial confirmation email that night and a second one this weekend with the first line: "Success! You’ve completed the first step toward a free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet."

So, for now, I'm not worried. I sure as heck was worried last Thursday night.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

AirDev wrote:

Update:

Had written to Support regarding the discrepancy in time of submission & timestamp. Just now received a mail saying...

"The server itself is running in GMT time This time will not be used to determine eligibility for the free Playbook Offer, instead we will use your local time.”

This is weird, especially when they have very clearly defined the deadline as 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2011

1. Offer Period

Offer is open between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 7, 2010 and 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2011 ("Offer Period").

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that they mean they will use your local time, change it to ET, and then figure out if you are eligible. I'm thinking (from past emails from RIM) that they just have a tough time using the right words.

AND Jasonsanjose, you've got to be the last person to submit within the period of the offer lol. That's definitely walking on a fine line.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -