Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Super Apps ?

Wil there in the near future be qnx packages/classes that will allow us to invoke other applications(and parse info) and integrate with calendar, mail, contacts, tasks, memo's, maps, etc......

I have a application concept which would heavily rely on these integration options.

Many thanks in advance.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Super Apps ?

I hope so, that would open up a ton more options/opportunities for people to develop even more apps!

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

cool man
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

This has been posted (in some form) before.  There is no current API to do this, but we expect (because it is a BB device), that this will be possible for the platform.

Assuming that this will be available, there is no reason not to start developing your version of a contact manager, calendar, etc. and stub out the ability to set/get/notify of these kind of asset changes and when the API becomes available, you will be that much further along.  Worse case, if you encapsulate well, you could just implement your own data storage if for some very odd reason BB, does not provide this.

1000% agree that this is vital for so many applications that deal with calendar and contacts (notes, and more).  A centralized mechanism to share between applications and BB mobile phones and outside world (read as SyncML) would be fantastic.

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

I would be very surprised if this is not avaliable eventually. However the current API's are still very beta, and a bit uncomplete.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com