Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Support for Transparent Window in AIR ?

There doesnt seem to be support,i checked nativeWindow.transparent and it's false, but id like to make sure. 

Developer

Re: Support for Transparent Window in AIR ?

Hi,

there is no support for transparency on mobile devices because only one view get displayed and there would be nothing to show under that (taken from the AIR for Android forums).

If you have a good use case for that, please log a feature enhancement

Fabien

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
New Contributor

ok ,thanks alot for the feedback.

New Developer
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: ---

Hi guys,

Following this thread, does anyone know if there is support for transparent native window in 0.9.3 SDK/Simulator? I am testing and stage.nativeWindow.transparent does return "true".

Seeing comment above, it makes sense only one view is currently being drawn. However, testing on the simulator it works perfectly.

Can someone (or RIM representative) confirm this?

Thanks,

-------------------------------------
www.danielwind.net

Playbook App:
Grab Da Crab
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

In you blackberry-tablet.xml file:

<nativeWindow>
     <transparent>true</transparent>
</nativeWindow>

It works, but unless you're were planning a frangment UI (ala Android) I'm not quite sure what other use there is (you can't interact with the home screen)

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
New Developer
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: ---

Hi jffurlan,

Thanks a lot for the information. Yes, you are right, my app uses fragmented UI design.

I appreciate your prompt response.

-------------------------------------
www.danielwind.net

Playbook App:
Grab Da Crab
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Cool! I've thought about doing that as well recently, let me know how it works out for you!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -