Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N.A.
Accepted Solution

Tablet camera api

Hi,

I recently started playing with adobe air and the camera API. While I was able to enable the camera and display the output to the screen, it seems I cannot save the output to a file. I tried looking in this forum and I still couldn't find my answer. Could somebody point me to an example or instructions on how to encode the camera's output and save it to a file in the video directory on the tablet.

Thank you for your help,

M.

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Tablet camera api

You can use the camera with a mininal amount of code using the CameraUI class. There is a fine example on Adobe's blog.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N.A.

Re: Tablet camera api

Thank you for your fast reply Zezke!

Just a quick follow-up question: is it possible to do any kind of video processing between the video capture and the display on screen using the cameraUI class? From what I saw in the API there doesn't seem to be any hooks to take the data stream, manipulate it and send it back to the display.

Thanks,

M.