Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: playbook developer
My Carrier: playbook developer

Talking to a PC

Hi,

I am planning to write an app to use a custom controller for pc. I was initially thinking of using Bluetooth but a search on the forums showed that there are no libraries/packages for the bluetooth. Does anybody knows if this is still the case?

If not does anybody have any suggestion whether I shall look into UDP or other methods? Being in the same WiFi is also not a problem.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Talking to a PC

BB10 or PlayBook?

AFAIK there are no BlueTooth API's available in the standard AIR SDK, but it would be quite simple to write a Native Extension on BB10 if you are proficient in C/C++. Not sure if BT is available on PlayBook yet.

Alternatively, have a look at the AIR RTMFP technology (Adobe Cirrus). It allows peer-to-peer app connections between two AIR apps, through firewalls via Wifi or LAN. Works on mobile and desktop via the NetConnection class. Here's a tutorial:

http://flashvideotrainingsource.com/featured_post/hints-and-tips/building-real-time-web-applications...

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: playbook developer
My Carrier: playbook developer

I am looking into PlayBook. AIR RTMFP seems like a possible solution yet I would prefer something more generic.

Thanks Innovatology.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

RTMFP is supported under mobile AIR.