Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Test on the device

I have a dev device so I was able to deoloy the unsigned version.

* Theres a bug with the highscore view where it gets stuck on stage, and is renderer underneath all other views. I can't seem to reproduce it, but it definately happend. It was when I used the settings menu to switch views.

* In the middle of playing, I swipe right, and it ends my game? Is that intended?

Swipe's work good, but you should probably confirm that you're killing my game. Scores seem to save fine between sessions.

Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

Great feedback, thanks a lot!
I'll work on those right now.

EDIT:
- Fixed the 'ranking' bug. It was easy. Thanks for pointing it out.
- Swipe is intended to work as a 'back' button. So yes, a swipe to the right during the game would kill the game and take the user back to the 'game selection' screen. Perhaps I should add a confirmation box (quit game?) in case some accidental swipes happen.

Please feel free to add any other feedbacks.

Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

My mistake!  I accidentally had -package in there.. Do you have a new .bar uploaded to download with your current bug fixes??

Edit:: I mispoke.  I have changed to the style you had posted and I continue to get the 500 error.  I'm in dev mode, I have a debug token on here.

Contributor

@ShimmyShine: yes, I've uploaded a .bar with the bug fixes (about 9 hours ago).

I'm not sure what else I should do on my side to avoid the 500 error.
How come shawnblais managed to install and run the app on his device?

I appreciate if you have any hints about this.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

If you have 500 BarFileUnsigned error - bar is not signed properly, could be out of order, please follow signing instructions exactly
Contributor

I have followed (and double checked) the steps on this page:
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1711...

The only different thing I did was to set the last argument to PBDT instead of RDK.

Now I've uploaded a version signed with RDK. Could you please test this one?
http://www.brunoimbrizi.com/temp/flagin_rdk_signed.bar

Thank you.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

brunoimbrzi wrote:

How come shawnblais managed to install and run the app on his device?

I have access to a device that does not require signing.

Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

It seems signing with the RDK and not the PBDT did the trick, it installed just fine for me there.

Highlighted
Contributor

Good news! Is it working fine? What do you think? Any feedback is welcome =)