Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Trail Apps Signing

Problem is, the virtual goods are not exposed to the user in app world.  I dont think RIM will change what they currently have so we need to work within their design.

It is odd that app world has a "try & buy" but the signing process does not support that.

Retired
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Trial Apps Signing

Noted jtegen.

I'll work at getting a try/buy code sample for app features into the queue.

Developer

Thanks.

The main issue with a try/buy app that have the same application id, is that you have to change the version of one to sign them.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: telus

samyotte wrote:

Noted jtegen.

I'll work at getting a try/buy code sample for app features into the queue.

Hi,  samyotte:

i am trying to sign in my trial version and the full version. Just wondering whether the feature you mentioned has been available now?

If not, for the trial version and full version, in the -app.xml, I kept the same value in <id> ( "A universally unique application identifier. Must be unique across all AIR applications.Using a reverse DNS-style name as the id is recommended"), but the <versionLabel> and <description> and <versionNumber> will tell the difference between trial and full.

My question is: are those differences enough for players in the App store to tell which one is trial and which it full? If they want to buy the full version, how easy can they find the assoicated full version?

Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
Developer

When you specify a try and buy in the vendor portal, when you upload, it will ask if the BAR file being uploaded is the trial version.  It wont be approved until both the full and trial versions are uploaded.