Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Trying to submit Playbook Application (totally lost)

Hello,

I've written a playbook application and now I'm to the point where I'm trying to submit it, and I'm having absolutely zero luck. I signed in to the Vendor portal, and setup everything for the application itself. Now I'm trying to post a "Release", but when I go to upload and I select the ".bar" file that flash builder burrito compiled, I get an error saying I can only use ".cod" or ".zip" files. What am I doing wrong? Is there an actual walkthrough anywhere, start to finish, for correctly compiling/signing/submitting an application? It seems like everytime I want to accomplish something I have to research each step and hope I can combine the methods of several different websites to get everything working.

Thank you for any assistance,

Orion.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Trying to submit Playbook Application (totally lost)

Did you make sure to set the min OS to 6.0 and the Device to "Playbook"?

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9100/Playbook (sim)

I believe your using the uploader at the top of the page but, the one at the bottom of the page is the only one that works with .bar files.

So, in summary, use the uploader at the bottom of the page.

I think the top one is for batch uploads or something.....

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

That was my issue, exactly. Thank you!!

New Developer
My Device: Priv, 9810, PlayBook, 9000, 8820
My Carrier: AT&T

BTW, if anyone does know of a "an actual walkthrough anywhere, start to finish, for correctly...submitting an application", I'd love to see it.  I just spent four hours tonight fumbling around the product-creation and release-submission process for a tablet application, and the frustration involved is quite draining.

A Google search did turn up a version of the Vendor Portal Administration Guide (v2.1, maintenance release 1) that I hadn't seen before whose section on "creating a .zip file for release" was very helpful, but... still...  A tablet-specific example walkthrough of the full process for submitting an application release to App World would have been extremely helpful.