Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

Unable to start application - Error code: 13

OK, now I'm worried.  I was able to get my application on the PlayBook through signing and then uploading it and was very impressed with how fast it ran compared to the simulator.  I noticed a few minor bugs so tried to create another signed version and had a power outage reset my router.  I didn't realise it at the time but my playbook was the first one back on the network (among about 15 other devices on my home network) so hours later when I tried to upload the new version, it was complaining about the device not responding (because in retrospect I was using the wrong IP address) and suggested I reboot.   I rebooted and then got into the dreaded black "Blackberry PlayBook" boot screen hang....

The only way I was able to get out of that was to "debrick" my PlayBook and download/install 1705 (I was on 1690).  After reinstalling all my apps, I decided to try to install MY app again, and now it very briefly shows the splashscreen and then dies leaving a notification with the subject line.  

Where can I find these Error Codes and what does 13 mean?  Thanks.

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Unable to start application - Error code: 13

hey brent,

are the apps you are trying to run signed or unsigned?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Unable to start application - Error code: 13

Hey JRab... they are signed (here).... I must be tired as the error code I was getting was 22, not 13 (as in another thread).  I resigned the SAME bar file (the RDK one failed saying it was already signed but the author one took) and then uploaded it and it works perfectly now.   Thanks for the help (as always).

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!