Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
09-04-2012 02:31 PM
I did try that jtegen.
I finally fixed my problems, but in a way that would be disastrous if I had released an app. I went through the code signing process with a new set of keys, and everything worked fine with the new registration. As I am still developing the app, it is not that big of a deal, but it would be a huge deal for someone who needs to update a released app.
The only explanation that I can think of is that the debug token expiring on the device changed something, preventing the signing registration associated with that debug token from working on the device.
09-04-2012 02:43 PM
I did wipe the device, both through the "Security Wipe" on the Playbook, and through "Update" on the powered down Playbook through the desktop software. Neither of these wipes remedied "Error 8".
I think you may have missed that my problems are now fixed, as a result of a new signing registration.
I will make sure to renew my debug tokens before they expire, which may mitigate the chances of this situation happening again.