Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Updating Approved App - Code signing?

Hey guys,

today I received the approval e-mail of my app Smiley Happy so my app is officially in the "approved" state. However, I have a small correction to make regarding my app icon that needs attention (simply resizing it to 86x86). Once I have made the correction, I am supposed to reply to the e-mail and say that I have done so. 

My question is: When I submit the updated bar file with the new icon, do I need to sign the bar file again? Meaning, do I have to order another set of keys? Can someone please guide me as to how exactly I am to proceed with this? Do I simply rebuild the bar file and not worry about the code signing part, or?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Updating Approved App - Code signing?

You don't need to email them back. Just resign your bar file with your .p12 file that you created when you registered your keys. Remember to also bump up your version number in you -app.xml file as you can not sign the same version twice.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

I think u are supposed to email with attn to the person in your approval email so you can make sure it happens by launch.
Developer

thesmileman - I believe this is an option but from what I've seen no one has confirmed that this actually moves the process along. Two updates i submitted were approved in 20 minutes and 20 hours, so either way you should have no problem being approved by launch.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The email specified "We look forward to working with you on our exciting BlackBerry PlayBook launch. When you have made the above corrections please reply back to blackberryappworldrequests@rim.com or hit reply, ensure that you mark the email ATTN: Jamie"

But from what you said, it seems like they get back to you pretty quickly either way, which is great. 

Is there a separate e-mail that says anything about the free playbook, or?

Highlighted
Developer

Yes, you will receive an email asking for your shipping details and saying you've qualified for it. However there is no timeline as too when they will send this email out as they tend to do them in batches.
- Hockey DrillBook -