Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Upgrade... Free... or not?

Hi all,

I have published a (free) upgrade of my Checklists app. At least, that's what I indicated when uploading the file bundle to the Vendor Portal. To test the sales process I also upgraded the app on my own PB and I was shocked to find out that:

1. I had to pay for the upgrade, and even worse,
  2. It wasn't installed as an upgrade at all, but as a new app (though the Vendor portal accepted it as an upgrade)

Does anyone have experienced a similar problem (with my app or another) and know how to solve this, because this will upset my clients!

Free Upgrade.png

Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE #00055
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Upgrade... Free... or not?

The fact that it installs as a separate app means than you most likely either (1) did not maintain the same app id, or (2) did not sign the apps with the same signing keys.

VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Upgrade... Free... or not?

So, I had indeed signing issues, but RIM did reset something in their systems for me to be able to upload the file bundle. The app remained the same package ID, but I had to use different signing keys after that. As they literately said they "cleared the old package ID from the portal". But they didn't warn me that any upload would then result in a new installation ;-(
Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists