Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Useful Tip: Package Images Via Command Line

a few things, the p12 file you have, was it generated via the commands on this page:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Signing_your_application_1422721_11.jsp

and also check the directory ~/Library/Research In Motion to see if the csk database file exists

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Oh boy... I redid the steps, even though I followed the command method the first time...

I deleted the previous csk, to create a new one. Then at this stage:

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <PIN> 
    -cskpass <csk password from step 2> <CSJ_file>

The Problem this time around:

barsigner error: server error: Unable to register client 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' because there are no more registration attempts.  If you have already registered with this server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users.

I don't want additional users, But I am praying the old output_file.p12 I did (through the command system) in the bin folder.

I am hoping it's ok to use. is it?

The csk does exist in the library/Research In Motion 

Developer

[ Edited ]

ok first thing you need to do is request a new set of keys in the event your current ones are corrupted in some way. that way if they are, at least you will have a back up plan in the works:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Second still trying to figure out the initial errors. if u run through the steps again (package to signing not registering) still the same "chain" error?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have in my library/Research in Motion:

• blackberry-tablet-sdk.conf
  • barsigner.csk
  • barsigner.db
In the bin-debug of the App in my workspace:
  • /assets/
  • blackberry-tablet.xml
  • icon.png
  • my-app.xml (without "debug")
  • my.swf (compiler with -debug=false)
Successfully created the bar file with:
"/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3/bin/"blackberry-airpackager -package App.bar my-app.xml my.swf blackberry-tablet.xml icon.png assets
Then, while doing the following:
"/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3/bin/"blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass "mypassword123" -keystore "/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3/bin/output_file.p12" -storepass "mypassword123" MyApp.bar RDK

I get the error:

barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

The link isn't working by the way.

Developer

yeah definitely sounds like something went wrong in the key registration stages. i recommend you order new keys if you havent already. here is the corrected link:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Just an advice: don't use blank space in your path.

You should copy all the files you need inside the bb sdk/bin directory, and run commands with simple path (=just file names).

JC
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried Everything... I've sent my app -supposedly signed (from Burrito) 4 times to the App store, and have been denied.

The Command Line is pretty impossible for me regardless of the Days I've spent trying to sign this thing.

The .p12 is in a folder in RIM, and the files I need to sign are in by bin-debug of the Normal Folder (Workspace) for where all my other projects are located.

Anyone willing to Sign the thing for me? (hah)

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

underLabs wrote:
Then, while doing the following:
"/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3/bin/"blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass "mypassword123" -keystore "/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.4/bin/output_file.p12" -storepass "mypassword123" MyApp.bar RDK

I get the error:

barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

The link isn't working by the way.

just double checking – are you writing your passwords in that command line with quotes?

-storepass "mypassword123"

if your passwrod is mypassword123, the command line should look like this (without quotes) 

-storepass mypassword123

also, if your current directory of the command line is not the same as MyApp.bar file, and MyApp.bar is at the top level folder you need to include a forward slash.  also, no quotes are needed when passing the blackberry-signer app and your .p12 file if you escape the spaces.  you can drag and drop the file into the command line on mac so the paths are automatically written for you.  try this:

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.4/bin/blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass mypassword123 -keystore /Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.4/bin/output_file.p12 -storepass mypassword123 /MyApp.bar RDK

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

underLabs, I believe once you've created your developer certificate it is locked to your machine so I don't know if anyone will be able to help you. Try going on the irc #playbook-dev, I'm sure there are some folks there that will give you real time support!
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Contributor

[ Edited ]

IRC did it.

Thanks a million jffurlan!