Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

VMWare QNX Image Questions

Hi, I'm no newbie to VMWare.  I've had fusion for many years, and built many an image myself.

Two quick questions on this iso image:

a) Are there VMWare tools for this image available?  I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask

b) The only app in the image seems to be the browser, but when I click on the browser, it expands the app, and shows only a white background...is this expected?  I've validated that the IP settings are fine and it is on the network in bridged mode.  Is this app supposed to be functional at all?

Thanks in advance

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: VMWare QNX Image Questions

hey,

welcome to the forums! for your first question, since the introduction of the simulator, there has been no mention of any VMware tools associated with the image. as for your second question, when you have the simulator loaded up and running, the only app that should be there is in fact the browser. At the moment its a bare-boned type enviroment. only whats necessary is there. some settings and just the browser. you can ofc load your own apps on their when you build it. the browser is not supposed to break down as you stated. it runs fine for me.

sometimes what happens is that there is a memory issue and you need to restart the simulator to get it to work.

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman