Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Vendor application approval process

Well, I got the e-mail to send the noteray or government id.

So I scaned in my license and sent it back.  Hopefully everything will be ready for me to upload my application when I get home tonight.

My Device: Not Specified

Hi LoganSix,

I just received it at around 10:30 am EST Smiley Very Happy. It took less than 24 hours. So just be patient and my guess is that you shall receive it by today.

I am all set to go home and send my app by late evening hours . Good luck to everyone who is waiting for Vendor approval.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Why did I not apply to vendor approval prior to today... /doomed

New Contributor

rschmitty I feel your pain. I didn't realize that the vendor approval process would take so long. Should have read posts about submitting apps before writing one. >_<

Is it even possible to still be eligible for the free PlayBook offer when I've just kicked off the vendor approval process today? My app is ready to be submitted, all I need is the ability to do the submission!

Developer
My Carrier: n/a

You could probably email them before the deadline and let them know then submit literally the instant you get approval and then send them an email showing that you were clearly done. RIM has shown they are clearly willing to work with people and be fair. I can't guarantee this will work but it is your best shot at this point
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

I panicked far too early.  The entire process took less than 3hrs for me today.  I started it around 10:30 AM.

Already submitted my app and just got my keys for signing.  Hang in there, they seem to be active today!

New Contributor

Thanks for the advice. That makes me feel a bit better, although I'll remain a bit anxious until I do get the vendor approval Smiley Wink

@thesmileman where can I find an email address specific to the vendor process? Would emailing to devsupport@rim.com be the best?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

If you're trying to meet tonights deadline, I am guessing RIM has gone home already.  Unless they were asked to stay.

Developer
My Carrier: n/a

klex wrote:

Thanks for the advice. That makes me feel a bit better, although I'll remain a bit anxious until I do get the vendor approval Smiley Wink

@thesmileman where can I find an email address specific to the vendor process? Would emailing to devsupport@rim.com be the best?

This is the official vendor support submission page

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

New Contributor

Yikes, it is after business hours over there. Here's to hoping that my email explaining that I'm ready to submit but just dont have access to the vendor portal will help keep me eligible for a free PlayBook.

Thanks @thesmileman for the link.