Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Wait time for code signing keys? What to do if you think the request went AWOL?

[ Edited ]

Dear BlackBerry PlayBook admins...

How long should it take to get your code signing keys after requesting them?

After 3-4 "Business Days" with no keys in sight... should I re-submit? or is there an email address/contact form I can use to enquire about the status?

I don't want to flood RIM with multiple duplicate requests but I'm worried that I'm waiting for keys that might not arrive.

I'm also getting a bit worried since there is only 2 weeks left to submit for the offer, and I'd like to have a chance at some review time before the offer expires. (e.g. submitting on the 13-15th... and getting a rejection because of some tiny simple thing would be very frustrating)

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wait time for code signing keys? What to do if you think the request went AWOL?

What I've seen on this forum, it only takes ~9 hours to get them.

Do you still have your order number?

Do you have the CN name you entered?

Those might be helpful to RIM.

Developer

Re: Wait time for code signing keys? What to do if you think the request went AWOL?

I wrote the order number down somewhere (need to dig it up)... and I meant to not "Business Days" when I stated "days" in my original post.

BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer

[ Edited ]

Note to self - check Gmail spam folder before losing my mind.

Gmail had marked the email with the keys as spam...

... the sad thing is that it has been there for days...  my deepest apologies for getting all worked up over nothing.

To future readers of this thread - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!

Sender: websigner@ws-smtp.rim.net

Subject: BlackBerry Code Signing Registration Information

Body: The following attachment will allow the BlackBerry BarSigner tool to register with the Signing Authority.....

Hopefully this helps!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I vote for getting rid of spammers so there would be no need for a spam folder.  Why this is not a felony is beyond me.

Highlighted
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem and actually HAD checked my spam folder but missed it amongst the 250 or so spam messages I'd received in the meantime!!!  I actually made a point of white-listing rim.com but, as you pointed out Steve, this one comes from rim.net!  Arg.

I do understand that RIM must be extremely busy processing new developer requests and application submissions as well as burning the midnight oil to get the PlayBook finalized for it's launch in a month. However, it was dissapointing to not receive a reply (sent to devsupport as requested in the confirmation email) specifically asking for the sender address so I could keep an eye out for it.

Steve, if you hadn't posted I'd still be waiting as I'd checked my spam folder and ruled that out as the problem (even though it was!)  Thanks for the info - specifically the sender email addy which let me find it in a jiffy!

Cheers! -Jon.

Developer

Just glad you got yours too... I'm gonna check my spam folder more often! we're on the home stretch now... 2 weeks to go! ;-)

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630

I originally applied for my keys on February 19th. I waited a month and a half before I gave up and reapplied on April 4th. I still haven't received anything. rim.com and rim.net are both white-listed on the mail server.

I sent a note through the dev support email form to (usually) Ryan the other day (Monday the 11th) but still haven't heard anything through that channel.

What else can I do? Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Brian

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

It took them two weeks to get back to me. No chance they got stuck in spam?

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630

All my spam gets flagged in the subject line and forwarded on to me for vetting so I would see it regardless. And I've also whitelisted them. Smiley Sad

B

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock