Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Webcast - Q&A

Hallo Prosanta,

some short questions:

1. What’s about Socket-Client-Connections. Is it possible to use the standard actionscript libraries. Are the implemented in TabletOS? Can i use WLAN for it?
  2. Is SQLite already implemented in TabletOS?
  3. What’s about multithreading in actionscript or building apps to do some synchronization-work in the background?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Webcast - Q&A

[ Edited ]

Socket class is available in AS.  If you're doing an HTTP request, there is a HTTPService class that makes things a lot easier.

SQLite is a part of the Adobe/AIR SDK.  Lot's of examples on the web for that.  Just keep in mind to have a table keep track of older versions or use a database file name convention to keep track of database version so when you have an update to the software where the database changes, you can update automatically to the new schema.

AS is not multi-threaded.  Wish there was, but having a pervasive multi-threaded environment can make it diffilcult for some developers to grasp (remember BeOS??).

There are hooks to communicate to other applications, so you could unload some processing to a background application (even a QNX C++ app), but it is still unclear if QNX/AS will allow and monitor the spawning of another process.