Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi
Accepted Solution

What needs to go in the BAR file?

Ok, last question for the night....I PROMISE.

I am using Flash Builder Burrito Preview.  I edited my appname.app.xml file with all the relevant detail.  I am going to forgoe the signing procedure for tonight, as I would love to get a good night's sleep tonight.  So with that being said, I am using the 'Export Release Build' option in FBB.  Which seems to work successfully in producing an appname.bar file.  When looking at it in winRar, I see a swf file, my appname.app.xml file and my images directory.

My question is this....is there anything else that needs to be added to the BAR file before I submit my app to the vendor app world portal?

Please advise.

Brandon Phillips

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: What needs to go in the BAR file?

hey bigmokujin,

one thing i noticed you were missing is the blackberry-tablet.xml file. make sure to include that into your project -- and are you sure its signing properly without it?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer

Hey JRab,

Since signing wasn't a requirement to submit the app for the offer, I was planning on doing that piece tomorrow.  Where does the blackberry-table.xml file come from?  Or is it a file that we need to create manually?  Cause I am pretty sure that Flash Builder Burritio didn't add such a file to my existing BAR file.  Am I missing something here?

Bigmokujin

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

JRab wrote:

hey bigmokujin,

one thing i noticed you were missing is the blackberry-tablet.xml file. make sure to include that into your project -- and are you sure its signing properly without it?

I think it signs okay(I don't know 100%) with out it but I think you get a warning saying it is using the default icon file.

Developer

hey,

yes, the blackberry-tablet.xml needs to be created on your own with a specific structure. here is a thread that can help you out with that:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/flex-burrito-how-package-the-tabl...

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Developer

@thesmileman: it needs the blackberry-tablet.xml not just for the icon but also the publisher. you can set it up to do -publisher in the packge command line but its best to add it in the blackberry-tablet.xml config file.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer

JRab wrote:

@thesmileman: it needs the blackberry-tablet.xml not just for the icon but also the publisher. you can set it up to do -publisher in the packge command line but its best to add it in the blackberry-tablet.xml config file.

Good to know.

New Developer

Will that affect acceptance for the offer?  As in, if I don't have it I won't be approved?  Cause I haven't worked on the splash screen yet.

Developer

bigmokujin wrote:

Will that affect acceptance for the offer?  As in, if I don't have it I won't be approved?  Cause I haven't worked on the splash screen yet.

Stick a blank one in. Or at this point just submit it and then fix it and submit a new version. you only have about an hour.

Developer

hey,

the lack of a blackberry-tablet.xml file means you didnt properly set your icon and it wasnt signed -- so your app wont be approved. but u still wud have a submitted app and after u fix ur problems woudl be accepted even if its after the deadline.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--