Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: While we wait for shipping info

Wait, are you serious about micro and mini? Why do manufacturers do this? So the playbook is micro, right? Thank goodness I haven't ordered an adapter yet.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: verizon

UberschallSamsara wrote:

By the way, just because I went outside for a while didn't mean that I left my cardboard PlayBook mockup at home.  I was out walking around practicing my swipe gestures, and some pretty girls stopped me to ask what I had and what I was doing.  When I told them, one of them turned to her friend and said "See?! I told you that think doesn't have any apps! "

That's funny. Even cute girls knows RIM can't write an email client. Did they ask you about the battery life?

Developer

jffurlan wrote:
Wait, are you serious about micro and mini? Why do manufacturers do this? So the playbook is micro, right? Thank goodness I haven't ordered an adapter yet.

It's micro-HDMI.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

XoomMan wrote:

UberschallSamsara wrote:

By the way, just because I went outside for a while didn't mean that I left my cardboard PlayBook mockup at home.  I was out walking around practicing my swipe gestures, and some pretty girls stopped me to ask what I had and what I was doing.  When I told them, one of them turned to her friend and said "See?! I told you that think doesn't have any apps! "

That's funny. Even cute girls knows RIM can't write an email client. Did they ask you about the battery life?

I was, of course, obviously joking, about the whole story. Smiley Wink

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

That really sucks. I was excited to have one adapter for my camera and my playbook. Oh well
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer

UberschallSamsara wrote:

XoomMan wrote:

UberschallSamsara wrote:

I was, of course, obviously joking, about the whole story. Smiley Wink

I know. With all of the bad reviews I couldn't resist. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

jffurlan wrote:

Yes, there are different format.

Just like mini-USB is not the same as micro-USB.

PlayBook is micro-HDMI.  ( but my camera is mini-HDMI, so cannot use the same cable for both without adapter :-(  )

---------------------
a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.
Playbook Applications: Chinese Calendar and Zodiac, Peg Solitaire!

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I wonder, what happens if you plug in the HDMI while you're playing a game? Will you be able to use the PlayBook like a controller, and output to the big screen?

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

GoldenJoe wrote:

I wonder, what happens if you plug in the HDMI while you're playing a game? Will you be able to use the PlayBook like a controller, and output to the big screen?

I would assume yes.  There are 2 modes for displaying on an external output device via HDMI - normal and presentation.  Normal view is like what you've probably seen in the vidos from trade show format demos displaying output on a big screen.  In that scenario, whatever you do shows up on the screen.  I think I saw one where Need for Speed was displaying on the big screen.

Presentation mode (I'm not sure if that was the name of the mode) allows you to have one thing going on the big screen independent of what you're doing on the actual Playbook.  I only saw it once in one video, so I'm not sure what level of control we could have programmatically over what shows on the Playbook screen and what shows on the monitor.  That, however, adds an interesting possibility to future presentation apps.

Developer

GoldenJoe wrote:

The PlayBook has HDMI mirroring and splitting mode. You can have an application open on the BlackBerry PlayBook screen and another on an HDMI screen or you can have the PlayBooks screen on the HDMI screen.