Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: While we wait for shipping info

Looks great! Do you use a template or is it from scratch?
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Developer

[ Edited ]

It's a template, by a company called Elegant Themes. Here's what the original looked like:

http://www.elegantthemes.com/preview/MyProduct/

Besides the obvious changes (making my own navigation), the most significant things I worked on were the header background image, the PlayBook product mock-up, the icons, and the twitter integration.

I've used WordPress before, but never quite like this, as a CMS for a whole website. I've only ever used it as a blog, so there was a bit of a learning curve involved. And in my opinion, some aspects of the wordpress-as-cms concept are very much like a square peg in a round hole.

--------
An addictive new puzzle game for PlayBook: Twystem HD
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: ABC

Looks great benjismith

benjismith wrote:

It's a template, by a company called Elegant Themes. Here's what the original looked like:

http://www.elegantthemes.com/preview/MyProduct/

Besides the obvious changes (making my own navigation), the most significant things I worked on were the header background image, the PlayBook product mock-up, the icons, and the twitter integration.

I've used WordPress before, but never quite like this, as a CMS for a whole website. I've only ever used it as a blog, so there was a bit of a learning curve involved. And in my opinion, some aspects of the wordpress-as-cms concept are very much like a square peg in a round hole.

Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

nice Smiley Happy

But using a template contains the risk of not being unique. For a unique design that expresses corporate values you should ask a designer Smiley Wink *koffkoff*
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer

I am a big advocate of having a great looking website for selling products but it can be a little bit of a chicken and an egg problem. You need to make some money first before you can pay for a good website. That said, the template he's using looks great.
New Developer
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

Does anyone know anything yet? I'm waiting so anxiously Smiley Sad

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

The Staples near my house has had the PlayBook covers since last week.
Fitbit for BlackBerry PlayBook
Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

nothing new from germany. waiting for some sign of shipping too. I had a cynic thought this morning: the official guidelines say that every developer will get the free playbook when they are available whereever he lifes. inofficial comments made us assume that we will get the playbooks all at the same time. so if theres no release date for one of us no one will get a playbook until every country has a release date. hard logic but fortunatly this isn't true Smiley Very Happy
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer
My Device: Imaginary Playbook
My Carrier: NA

lrrm wrote:
nothing new from germany. waiting for some sign of shipping too. I had a cynic thought this morning: the official guidelines say that every developer will get the free playbook when they are available whereever he lifes. inofficial comments made us assume that we will get the playbooks all at the same time. so if theres no release date for one of us no one will get a playbook until every country has a release date. hard logic but fortunatly this isn't true Smiley Very Happy

That's my point exactly. I've said this before; my're expecting to get Playbooks soon just because of the tweets we've read which contradict what is stated in the terms & conditions. So officially we're not getting them until there's a proper release date for every country (by the way why is it still unknown?) and only Americans and Canadians can officially expect their Playbooks to arrive shortly.

-----------------------------------------------------
My App: Bouncy Ball Clock (with my own physics engine)
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37792
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: ABC

A recent tweet from RIM:

---------------------------------------------------------

Research In Motion

@ Give your actual address. We'll be shipping devices for developers as soon as we can, regardless of region. Smiley Happy  ^SK
---------------------------------------------------------
"As soon as we can"