Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Will Playbook be available in my country?

Hi,

I've noticed in the playbook offer terms that the free playbook will only be given in countries in which the playbooks will be actually sold(I've not sure of the exact phrazing).

Is there a list of the relevant countries? If not, how can I tell if my country(in my case Israel) is valid for this promotion?

approved apps:
Have a Nice Day!
ABCs
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Will Playbook be available in my country?

are blackberry phones and app world available in your region? like do you see them around? thanks

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I suggest you view the Terms and Conditions and email the address given at the end with your question.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer

There are lots of blackberries around, yet it would seem like my country isn't on the app world availability list.

Is it totally lost then?

approved apps:
Have a Nice Day!
ABCs
Developer

ah man, it seems that app world was recently pull in November of '09 for whatever reason and hasn't been back since. the playbook has a great integration with app world so for it not to be available there is a good chance that playbook wont be either. but who knows, things can probably change later. of course all this information is based on logic and nothing official. your best bet will be to contact this email (as per peter's post): BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@TMGIdeas.com . and see what they. i havent seen anything about specific countries that will have it yet though.

also note that from what've read in the app world forums, even if appworld is not available in your country, you can still develop apps. having the device on the other hand might be a different story. good luck with your inquirey!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

I know that Israel has banned iPads because of some concern about the frequencies it operates under. Maybe the same might apply to the Playbook?

Developer

@rottenogre: that banning of iPads is just good common sense on their part Smiley Wink

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

New Developer

I've sent several messages to BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com‬, which they've politely ignored.

Any of you had luck talking to them?

approved apps:
Have a Nice Day!
ABCs