Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Word on 10.2 Beta?

Any word on 10.2 beta?  There is a video on BlackBerry Empire of 10.2.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Word on 10.2 Beta?

Word. 

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

I hope they fixed some things. there are a lot of stupid usability mistakes.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer

10.2 = stage3D
Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

great. but I start to ask myself if anybody is still interested in adobe air development. with all this delays and BBs attention shift towards webworks and cascades it does not look like a promising platform.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer

For me personally, continued development will depend on stage3D and overall performance on the SDK (scroll speed). This will buy time to investigate Cascades/Qt.
Developer
Developer
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

I am giving up on AIR: the multi-month drought of updates to the SDK is firm evidence that Thorsten will indeed kill both Playbook and AIR support on BB.

The list of missing/broken features is endless:

To date:

- I cannot even provide Native Language UI for customers outside NA, no Unicode in resources.properties,

- No invocation interface to email/BBM that supports HTML,

- No ability to rotate jpeg's: BB chose to stored photos left, right and upside down but left it up to devs to do the rotation.  Yes, its easy to rotate a bmp if the EXIF is preserved on download from the cloud, but what if your cloud server does NOT keep the EXIF???  Sure, you can just do a lossless JPEG rotation before you upload... 4 weeks later...

- Sharing not fully supported,

- etc...

Regards,

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

It is highly unlikely that BlackBerry is going to remove AIR support for BlackBerry. However, you should have relaized by now that Adobe has stopped activly developing the product.

As for the 10.2 beta details can be found at https://developer.blackberry.com/air/downloads/roadmap/ apprently we can expect to see it in the next few weeks...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer

Where did you hear the Adobe is stopping development of AIR? Flash on mobile browsers, yes. AIR, have not seen anything that supports that.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html

Please provided sources of that information.
Thanks.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

I kind of read this paragraph from the roadmap doc:

"Future Adobe AIR development will focus on incorporating features from the Flash runtime core. While desktop and mobile-specific APIs may be developed, they will not be the primary focus for Adobe AIR development efforts. Developers requiring functionality not available directly via Adobe AIR APIs should consider adding that functionality via the native extensibility API."

to mean that we should expect continued mobile API progress to be left fallow and at the whims of mobile platform vendors.