Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

adding flash website files to flash builder

Hi everyone. I am new to the whole app development thing, but I have a good idea that I really want to create so I need some help. I basically created a project in flash cs4 that gave me a .swf, a .fla and I piblished it with adobe air to give me a .swc file and a .air file. Now, I want to bring all this into flash builder using the PlayBook sdk to make it run as a PlayBook app. The project I have obviously has buttons and different pages, which all run properly in the flash files I created, but I'm not sure how to implement them in flash builder to make it run the same way and ultimately export to a PlayBook app. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If any of this needs clarification, please let me know because it sounds a bit confusing.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: adding flash website files to flash builder

Little confusing.  If you have AS and/or MXML files, you can create an AIR application in FB4.  It might be large in file size and slow to load on the platfrom if it derives directly from WindowedApplication parent class.  The second and maybe more importantly is that a desktop/mouse design application does not translate well to a finger manipulated application.  The QNX controls are designed for finger manipulation.  A list with a 15 pixel wide scroll bar will be amazingly diffilcult to move with a 1/2" (1.25cm) finger.  You may find you will need to relayout/redisign your application to make it more useable on this platform.  If you are doing that, you may want to split your desktop application into 2 parts: business logic library and UI layer.  Then use the business logic (network,data storage,etc.) library with a QNX derived application specifically for this device.  Then if you want to port your application to Android/AIR, then at least you would be able to maintain your core logic across all the devices.

Hope that helps.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: adding flash website files to flash builder

Thanks for the reply. I actually designed the layout specifically for the PlayBook. Its basically an app for photographers with information and pictures, and the only buttons are to get from one screen to the next. For example, on the main screen there will be a list of four categories, and you click on one, which will show a few more headings, and when clicked will show an image an a description. Then, from there, the only buttons that can be clicked are a back button, and a home button to take you back to the main screen. Its pretty simple and straight forward. There are no scrollbars or anything like that. All content fits in the main screen.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda