Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: 7066624473

apk to bar conversion errors

Hey! i'm an android developer trying to get my apk to work as a bar. seem to be running into some issues. my app request was denied b/c it "was not signed properly". i've been trying everything on the command line. i finally thought i was getting somewhere then i got an error. any help?

i was provided with these links in the denial email: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-verify-your-BAR-file-is-fully-s... http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-sign-your-BAR-file-from-the-com...

following the commands at the first link, i typed: blackberry-signer -keystore baldypalcert.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxx ../../apps/Sort-a-Pal/sortapal.bar author received confirmation: Info: Bar signed. then i typed: blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass xxxxxxxxx -keystore baldypalcert.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxx ../../apps/Sort-a-Pal/sortabal.bar client-RDK-xxxxxxxxxx.csj

Error received: ERROR: Certificate chain not found for: client-RDK-xxxxxxxxxx.csj. client-RDK-xxxxxxxxxx.csj must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and correspnding public key certificate chain.
New Developer

Re: apk to bar conversion errors

I totally left out this app was built in flas cs5 pro with air for android extension.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Best to re-package the app as an AIR app if it was done in CS5 Pro. There was a thread that a person was trying to do that and then the android player tried to install AIR.
New Developer

It seems i have Air 2 in the publish settings as an option. Does it need to be different than Air 2 for this bar conversion process?

Also, do i start the signing process completely over?
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

If you still are trying to convert a APK to BAR, but to ask in the Android forum. If you need to convert your CS4 Pro file to a BAR file, then there are threads here of how to do that. Once you have the BAR file, then you can sign it. If it has already been signed successfully, then you will need to increment the build number (unique version) to sign it again.