Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: app submission

the source you are reading you information from is probably old. the process has changed in the last few weeks when signing was made possible. although sigining is not required for submission, it may slow down your approval time. and at the end of the day in order to have your app in appworld, it must be signed. here is the link that runs you through how to sign your app:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1463...

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

On the subject of category on the vendor portal. Has anyone not been able to find a category your app fits in? For example mine really belongs in a  visualization/interactivity category. I don't see this anywhere. I just decided to put it in Entertainment -> Gadgets but I don't think that is the right category.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I'm not sure about the Gadgets part of that, but if the visualization doesn't serve a practical purpose, then Entertainment sounds about right.  If it does serve a clear practical purpose, possibly Utilities is more appropriate.

One way to find a category may be by process of elimination.  At least that way when you're down to only a couple, your choice is a bit simpler.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

[ Edited ]

Yeah I really feel like Entertainment is the correct category but I wish they had a visualization sub-category. These types of applications are much more common on touch devices so I would have thought they had such a category. Is there anyway to recommend a category? At least I wish I could just put it in Entertainment without any sub category.

Contributor
My Device: tablet
My Carrier: unknown

Thanks for the reply

I am looking at the link. Do I add these lines to the original bat file or do i create another bat file ONCE i have the .bar file? sorry for all the questions, your help is appreciated.

my original filw was created in flash so I am running the bat file through the command line to compile.