Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: appname-debug shows in simulator

I renamed one of my apps in 0.9.2 and the new, longer name was still justified in the simulator like it thought it was still the old name, so it pushed over to the right too far.  I removed the app and reinstalled and it then showed up fine.  Have not tried to reproduce it in 0.9.3.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

peter9477 wrote:

Try uninstalling the old version first?  Then if you reinstall this modified .bar with the fixed name, and it still shows up with -debug, you know to look elsewhere...

Alternatively, try a couple of bottom-swipes in the simulator at the Home Screen.  There's a bug in the simulator which results in the icon not being updated properly sometimes.  (Actually, I don't think I've ever seen it not update the name, but sometimes the icon doesn't even appear at first... consider this idea a long-shot.)

This is not good: I installed app. on empty Simulator, and the "debug" name is still displayed, out of nowhere ! Damned, I can't get rid of it....

New workaround (with new question): I managed to get the hash codes for all the attached files, from the manifest of a command line packaging.

When using an export done with FB, NOT including the attached files, would it be ok to manually add the files, and update the manifest with these hash codes values ?

In other way: in the manifest file, are the hash codes generated individually, or against the whole bar/zip file ?

(Is it clear at all ? I'm getting confused...)

JC
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

The hash codes, at least for unsigned BAR files, were all on individual files last time I checked.

I wasn't aware of any documentation on how those particular hashes were generated, however, so I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it manually.  I recall taking a quick stab at generating SHA512 hashes that looked the same but gave up after one or two failed attempts.  I thought they might be including the file size or filename or something too.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

I finally got it straight !

The solution was here in the forum....

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Why-does-app-name-contain-debug/m...

(thankudos to )

In the project option "Flex Compiler", set     "-debug=false"

The .bar file is lighter, the manifest is full of hash codes, and app is without "-debug" in Simulator.

Hopefully, the FB Export Release issue will be fixed in next version.

JC
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Interesting... sounds like the app name as displayed in the icon actually comes from the manifest.mf file then, and not directly from the application.xml.

Just tested, and in fact it comes from the Entry-Point-Name field in the MANIFEST.MF file.  Changing just that directly affects what is displayed for the icon, even if you don't uninstall first.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!