02-17-2011 11:46 AM
I renamed one of my apps in 0.9.2 and the new, longer name was still justified in the simulator like it thought it was still the old name, so it pushed over to the right too far. I removed the app and reinstalled and it then showed up fine. Have not tried to reproduce it in 0.9.3.
02-17-2011 06:47 PM
Try uninstalling the old version first? Then if you reinstall this modified .bar with the fixed name, and it still shows up with -debug, you know to look elsewhere...
Alternatively, try a couple of bottom-swipes in the simulator at the Home Screen. There's a bug in the simulator which results in the icon not being updated properly sometimes. (Actually, I don't think I've ever seen it not update the name, but sometimes the icon doesn't even appear at first... consider this idea a long-shot.)
This is not good: I installed app. on empty Simulator, and the "debug" name is still displayed, out of nowhere ! Damned, I can't get rid of it....
New workaround (with new question): I managed to get the hash codes for all the attached files, from the manifest of a command line packaging.
When using an export done with FB, NOT including the attached files, would it be ok to manually add the files, and update the manifest with these hash codes values ?
In other way: in the manifest file, are the hash codes generated individually, or against the whole bar/zip file ?
(Is it clear at all ? I'm getting confused...)
02-17-2011 06:51 PM
The hash codes, at least for unsigned BAR files, were all on individual files last time I checked.
I wasn't aware of any documentation on how those particular hashes were generated, however, so I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it manually. I recall taking a quick stab at generating SHA512 hashes that looked the same but gave up after one or two failed attempts. I thought they might be including the file size or filename or something too.
02-17-2011 07:18 PM
I finally got it straight !
The solution was here in the forum....
(thankudos to willyyr)
In the project option "Flex Compiler", set "-debug=false"
The .bar file is lighter, the manifest is full of hash codes, and app is without "-debug" in Simulator.
Hopefully, the FB Export Release issue will be fixed in next version.
02-17-2011 08:31 PM
Interesting... sounds like the app name as displayed in the icon actually comes from the manifest.mf file then, and not directly from the application.xml.
Just tested, and in fact it comes from the Entry-Point-Name field in the MANIFEST.MF file. Changing just that directly affects what is displayed for the icon, even if you don't uninstall first.