Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

barsigner error : null

Hello,

I am trying to sign my Playbook application. After selecting .csj certificates, entering PIN and CSK password, I am getting barsigner error : null. What could be the reason? I am using Adobe Flash 4.0.1 with Playbook 1.0.1 SDK.

This was working 2 days back but after reinstallation of Windows, signing is not working. I have tried to sign using command line but getting the same error.

Thanks,

Salman

Developer
My Device: PlayBook V1 and proud of it :-)
My Carrier: Legs

Re: barsigner error : null

Here's something to try, change the version number of your app in the <appplicaitonName>-app.xml

Keep the Forum productive and useful for all. Click Kudos button if I've helped you. Select Solved to help everyone.

PlayBook qualifying app - Pandoras' Lights
Blog - CoCopia.co.uk Catch me on Twitter cocopia_apps
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response CoCopia. I have already tried this but getting the same error. I have requested new signing keys. Do you think this will solve the issue ?

Developer

I wasn't able to find a reference to barsigning error: null, could you put up more of the error for us.

New signing keys could solve your problem of course, but the downside to this is if you have an app in app world, any new key will create a new version of that app, and upgrades will install a new app instead.

Its a signing nightmare and one that RIM needs to resolve

Keep the Forum productive and useful for all. Click Kudos button if I've helped you. Select Solved to help everyone.

New Contributor

CoCopia,

You are correct. We have an app on App World and we want to submit an update with fixes so I guess new keys is not the solution.

Anyway, here is the flow

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.0.1\bin>blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass ********

CSK file created.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.0.1\bin>blackberry-signer -register -csjpin ******* -cskpass ********* client-RDK-*********.csj

barsigner error: null

Am I missing something ? 

Thanks,

Salman

Developer

Your registering with RIM, haven't you already done this if you've release an app, to sign a bar follow below;

1.  Ask the RIM® Signing Authority to sign your BAR file. If you connect to the Internet through a proxy server, you must specify additional command line options to contact the RIM Signing Authority. For more information about using a proxy server from the command line, see Using a proxy server from the command line.
    blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> 
        -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password>
        <BAR_file.bar> RDK
  2.  Sign the BAR file using your code signing certificate.
    blackberry-signer -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your p12 file password>
        <BAR_file.bar> author

New Contributor

Thanks CoCopia for your help.

As I mentioned in my first post, my system's hard drive crashed so I had to reinstall windows. I have .p12 file, RDK and PBDT .csj files. How can I sign my app now ? 

Salman

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Note that you can only register the CSJ files once.  Do you have a back up of your previous keys?

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Backup-and-Restore-BlackBerry-Code-Sig...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor

MSohm,

I don't have it. I have got new keys from Blackberry. I'll let you guys know if I will face the same issue.

Thanks for your help.

Salman